Definition: Creative Technology is a class designed to motivate and inspire at-risk-youth in the Beaver County, Pennsylvania area. Creative Technology utilizes current technology to deliver an innovative and fun approach to learning about computers, business practices, forms of communication and design principals used to deliver clear messages in marketing, advertising and business communication.
The core of each Creative Technology class includes a work-study that promotes competition and teamwork to achieve a common goal - success. In this work-study the marketing and fundraising team at Poison Free find clients that need graphic design, web design and computer support. The instructors deliver the job to the class and teach about the necessary steps to successfully complete the job. Details that are reviewed include:
Client profile and objectives
- Client industry reviewed
- Client expectations reviewed
Job specifications and deadline
- Explain software uses and best practices for completing job
- Emphasize importance of delivering quality before deadline
Definitions of principals used in project
- Each student must deliver the job on deadline.
- Students are required to present job to class defining theories, methods and explanation for work delivered.
Professional delivery practices
- Students are given exposure to professional appearance. Instructors are required to dress professionally in every class setting.
- Instructors explain importance of professional mannerisms.
- Students are required to work together to generate ideas and plans for problem solving for design, technical support, content, etc.
- Instructor supports team work and guides students.
Click here to visit the Video tutorial page.